Monday, 7 April 2014

Isle of Mull: Day Five - A Hebridean Storm

Wednesday 5th March

Two words: wet, windy.

First sighting of the day was a Kestrel flying close past the cottage window, battling against the wind.

Enduring the full force of a Hebridean 'shower', we decided on a walk along the track from Tiroran, that runs above Loch Scridan.  If it wasn't for Mr Labrador, we probably wouldn't have headed out at all!

Eagles, Fingal and Iona, were no where to be seen again, but I can't say I blame them choosing to shelter rather than entertaining eagle watchers.

I'm afraid I don't have any photos from today's walk, it was too wet to get the camera out, but Graeme did take some through the cottage window. I think this gives you an idea of what the west coast gets battered with at times.  Just a shame you can't feel the wind strength!

Where has the view gone?
What it looks like on a good day!
Staffa, Treshnish Isles, Little Colonsay and part of Inch Kenneth
You can read my other Mull Diary Blogs here:
© Karen Hartnell - all images and text may not be reproduced in any way. 
Photos copyright Karen Hartnell and Graeme Low 



No comments: