Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Ben Vorlich, Perthshire

On Friday I hiked up Ben Vorlich in Perthshire. Ben Vorlich is a munro, rising to 985 m (3231 ft), and it's been on my 'To Do' list for a long time, having viewed it from my walks in the Ochil Hills on many occasions. This was my 25th Munro.

My otherhalf hiked this one and it's neighbour, Stuc a Chroin, a few years ago when they were in winter's grip, but I'm glad to say that the snow was now only to be found in a few spots upon the hill. My Labrador was pleased to see a nice patch of snow by the summit as he likes nothing better than rolling in it!


It was a beautiful sunny day, with a keen NE wind. The views were pretty clear, stretching across to Ben Nevis.


Ben Vorlich
Looking across to Ben Lawers
Stob Binnein and Ben MoreLooking up to the summitStanding by the summit trig point looking across to the cairn
Corbie enjoying a roll in the snow, with Stuc a'Chroin behindLooking back towards the trig point Ben Nevis
Spotted this lamb feeding as we neared the end of the walk

No comments: