Friday, 19 February 2010

Glen Affric

April 2005
I really must get back to this area, so much to explore. We walked down to the River Affric on a way-marked route. Then alongside the loch, only to find we could cross to return on the opposite side, so had to re-trace our steps and go back the way we came.

On this visit we got mobbed by the local chaffinch population! I remember finding it very amusing upon exiting the Ladies toilet in the car park to find my other half encircled by a large group of chaffinches waiting to see if he would feed them! I put my camera on the ground and tried to get some shots of them (how I wish I had I decent digital camera back then!). Anyway the photos were quite funny.




The River Affric

Peak of Sgurr na Lapaich visible through the Scots pines



The walk wasn't safe from the Chaffinch mob!

Sgurr na Lapaich

No comments: