Friday, 11 September 2009

Photos - September 09

September 2009: Photos taken on walks local to me.

A pair of male stonechats on telephone line


Red Rowan berries


Peacock Butterfly


Jelly-like fungus blobs, spotted on walk in Ochil Hills


River Devon in spate through Rumbling Bridge gorge



I was also lucky enough to spot a tiny orange/brown coloured lizard on a walk last weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. I held the lizard in my hand to get a good look at it, and it seemed happy enough crawling around there for a few seconds before I returned it to the wet grass. It was the first one I've ever seen on my walks in the hills here. Always see something new!

I took these photos near Aucterader a couple of weeks ago.

Heavy rain over Loch Turret - not a day to be hiking up Ben Chonzie!


Looking in the opposite direction towards the Ochil Hills, blue sky!

No comments: