Thursday, 24 September 2009

Ben Ledi & Beinn Ghlas

February 2004

We hiked Ben Ledi, the peak that dominates the skyline if you are heading to Callendar, in February 2004. Although there was cloud cover, the base was high enough to give us views of the surrounding peaks.

I was still relatively new to this hillwalking malarky and found Ben Ledi particularly strenuous, even though it's (just!) a Corbett.

We hope to have another go at this hill someday.


Up the steep path


View to the summit


Ben Lomond


Can't remember which way I was looking when I took this, but think it may be Loch Lubnaig



Beinn Ghlas, Lawers Range

It was extremely cold the day we hiked Beinn Ghlas - or rather tried to. I wasn't feeling particularly great that day and we only made it just above 900m, according to the altimeter ... and my other half wouldn't let me stop until we got over the 900m mark!

It started with glimpses of sunshine across Loch Tay, but black clouds loomed behind us. Despite the colour of the clouds, any snow that looked likely to fall never materialised at our level.

Frozen burn


View towards Killin


Heading up Beinn Ghlas


Loch Tay


Meall Corronaich - I've since hiked that one




A couple of photos of Loch Tay taken on the drive home


No comments: