Friday, 8 May 2009

Latest Sightings

It's been a while since I updated the blog, due to holiday and work. Here's some of my latest sightings from Scotland!

At the end of March I was on holiday for a week near Kyle of Lochalsh. Visited Skye again as well as the Torridon area. We had a year's worth of weather in a week. Followed snow ploughs along the road on the way there, and temperatures of around 3 degrees C - five days later it was blue sky, sunshine and temps of 18 degs C!

Saw a couple of red deer drinking by a burn in the Torridon mountains. Saw two red kites, both hovered near the car, on the drive up to Lochalsh. A barn owl swooped in front of the car one day on Skye. I also saw approximately 40 seals basking in the sun on small islands near Dunvegan.

The Red Cuillin in sunshine!


Yesterday I heard my first Cuckoo of the year. The swallows arrived about a month ago and have been twittering about in the sky once again. Yesterday I saw a buzzard getting dive-bombed by a couple of crows.

Bluebells spotted on a walk along farm track this morning.

Plenty of lambs running about now. Foals also in the field, I'm sure more will arrive soon.

No comments: