Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Sea Eagle Poisoning

Having watched BBC's AutumnWatch over the last two weeks, I finally remembered to get online and go to the RSPB's page where they are tracking by satellite tag, two sea eagle youngsters.

RSPB - Mull White-Tailed Eagles

I was also horrified to read a report on BBC's news site today about the killing of a sea eagle and buzzard using poisoned bait. BBC News Article

I have heard similar cases this year of red kites and golden eagles being poisoned in Scotland too.

As bad as it is that it happens to these beautiful birds of prey, in this day and age where people can roam in the hills, imagine what would happen if a child or pet dog were to come across the bait? My labrador would likely eat it and that would be the end of him, just like the sea eagle. It doesn't bear thinking about.

I hope that the law will prevail and something gets done to stop this kind of thing happening again.

No comments: