Monday, 24 November 2008

I Got My First Snow of the Season

The first snows to grace my garden arrived and I woke up on Saturday morning to find a dusting. Further north the snow was bad, but we didn't have much here.

We had a nice walk near Callendar and the Falls of Leny. The Forestry works had obliterated the track up the hillside so we weren't able to hike up to the top of the hill, which was rather annoying.

Stopped alongside Loch Lubnaig for lunch. There were several mallard on the loch. Driving further along the lochside, I spotted a couple of cormorant standing on a post in the loch.

On the way home, there was a kite hovering near the roadside. I wasn't able to stop and get a photo, but it was lovely to watch for the brief moment I was driving past. There were also plenty of buzzards spotted - which reminds me, had a couple nearly fly into the car over the last week and it's not the first time that has happened. Not something you want to hit, especially as they're so big.

There was a lot more snow Saturday night, and we had a covering of white yesterday morning. I've been making sure the birds have had a supply of food in the garden. I saw a group of long-tailed tits in the apple tree in our front garden yesterday. But they had flown away by the time I had got my camera... that's what usually happens!

I saw a gold crest in one of the conifers in the back garden. They move so fast!

Loch Lubnaig and the lower slopes of Ben Ledi


Views along a farm track in the village on Sunday

No comments: