Thursday, 2 October 2008

Encounters - Skye and Lochalsh

I returned a couple of weeks ago from my first visit to the Skye and Lochalsh areas of Scotland - such a beautiful area.

Skye

I had a close- encounter with golden eagles whilst hiking up Sgurr na Coinnich on Skye.














At first I thought I was spotting a buzzard, but then I heard the cry. I looked across and then saw one even closer to us, and just below where we were walking. It was so big, I felt like I could climb on it's back and fly away with it!

They flew onwards and then circled above the hill for a while, there was three of them in total in the end.

My other half had to shout at me to take photos as I was so in awe!



Balmacara

I spotted this robin near the end of a walk and it happily posed for me.

















Bealach Na Ba

This deer was sillouetted on the horizon as we drove up the Bealanch na Ba road to Applecross, in very thick mist.

As we turned the bend, I managed to photograph it through the mist.

No comments: